Hi there!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keighty

Reaction score
I'm Katie! I'm from the UK and I'm 27.

I got interested in mantis keeping after somehow ending up down a youtube rabbit hole and watching lots of invert keeping videos, and the one thing that stuck out to me was the mantids. I know it sounds silly, but I'll just say it: I'm a little bit afraid of lots of insects, but I think the way they move is so unusual and they look almost cat-like when they preen themselves, and I thought it was really, really cute. I live in a small rented flat so my options for pets are limited, and I thought mantids might be a decent choice for something that my landlord can't really object to, lol.

I got my ghost mantis a few days ago. He's a little older than I thought he would be but so far I've handled him and fed him, and he's adorable. I tried to do as much reading and research as I could before buying him, but I'm quite an anxious person anyway so I'll probably still have lots of questions along the way. So thank you so much admin for accepting my registration, it will be great to have a resource like this to check in on when I'm unsure of things. ❤️

Welcome! Yea, I wasn’t a fan of bugs before mantids either. And I’m still not the biggest fan. Mantids are the only exception. haha 😂 

Latest posts