Hi

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dylank777

Reaction score
Hi guys. Found this forum while searching for info on Luna Moths...but Mantids are way cooler...Ive always been kinda a bug guy from a very early childhood age, and am currently thingking about setting up a roadside attraction involving insects, and of course mantids would take center stage! Im from west central alabama almost on Missippi line, and just off the main throughfare highway for this part of state so I think this idea might work if i can get enough info going...

One anectodal quick story while Im here....over at University of Alabama campus you can occasionally find your common green/brown mantids all over the place...well one day I think I found where they were all coming from...close to the student center there is the wooded area with a couple of ponds that were the original drinking water for the campus when it was first built, and UA being the history respecting but ever growing college that it is, well they needed a new parking deck and leveled one lot close to this area...I was walking around there one evening and for some reason went up on top of the deck and lo and behold there where more Mantises than I have EVER seen, flying around, walking around, and eating thier little hearts content on presumably all the other bugs attacted to big lights on that deck...this was a few years ago so I dont know if they are still there, but if your in area at night you might take a look, belive me its a sight no Mantid lover should go without....

Thanks for listing, and Im sure Ill find a good buggy home here...

Dylan T. Kenny

Latest posts