Hi!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi! We had a project in our biology class where we hatched some praying mantis ooths, and we have hatched 2 so far! They are both Tenodera sinensis but we have other species' ooths in a refrigerator because we are overwhelmed right now! I have taken 3 nymphs home for winter break and my teacher said it would be a good idea to sign up on this website to get information and talk to other people who own praying mantises. My praying mantises are name Francis, Potato, and Chicken. Don't ask how I got their names! I don't even know. Well I'll probably post pictures of them at some point and let you all see them!

**Edit**

Also, I am currently raising D. Hydei and i believe D. Melanogaster fruit flies as food for the little guys/girls! And, thank you for the welcomes! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the forums! I'm curious, where do you live? I wish my biology classes raised mantids when I was in school years ago. :)

welcome to mantids! Your names are way better than mine :) I used to name mine in code to keep track of their lineage and anything relevant about their parents, and the codes kept getting longer. After 3 generations I had something like: 'Post-Ax Contingency 'New'' Astor 1' which shortens to PA-N A1c.

All the best!

Welcome. Where at in IL if you don't mind me asking? I grew up there.

Latest posts