Hierodula solomonis series 1

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macro junkie

Dead Leaf Mantis
Reaction score
its shead once sinse i got her..im not sure if it was her 1st shead?not sure if its shead all ready and im on the 2nd shead?any way heres some pics i took today.Its about 25mm or 1 inch ish..

Click HERE to veiw full size pic

1859395469_81bf051af7.jpg

1859388987_105f8b1487.jpg

1859389969_95c7ebeb1f.jpg

1859396651_152b295085.jpg

1859400961_749c1331a2.jpg

1860229028_78ba4fb218.jpg

1827064596_41c15d0748.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Your photos are so beautiful. Thank you for taking the time to post them for the rest of us! I checked out your website as well. Impressive!

Your photos are so beautiful. Thank you for taking the time to post them for the rest of us! I checked out your website as well. Impressive!
thanks for your nice comments..im hoping to meet lots of contacts as im heading in to breeding the spiny flower mantis..there getting sent out tomorrow a sub adult pair..so im very confident with u guys helping me out and showiing u guys pics i can do it..iv been looking for mantis forum for few days and i was so happy when i found this one..its great to know i have exspertes just an pm away..i was worryed the other day when it was sheading and straigh away u guysd gave me an answer..thank god for this forum..or who ewver set it uop..good thinking.. ;)

is there any thing i should know about the spinny flwoer mantis>?aprat fomr the norm is there any thing u have found whilst having these..i take it u have keppted or are keeping the flwoer mantis.?

What camera do you use?
hi rick..the camera has nothing really to do with the shots..as long as u have a good canon slr..its the flash and lens that gets me the pics..its called mpe-65 and mt-24ex flash.go to the link i have giving u..have a look at franks review one of he top macro photogreaers in the us.

review of the Canon MP-E 65mm

Macro Lens &

MT-24EX Macro Twin Lite

by Frank H. Phillips Click HERE to view it.

Your baby is so cute, there is not really anything special for this species, just keep it warm and make sure as nymphs you mist them every day. ;)