How many oothecae can one female produce?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tfrancz1180

Reaction score
Hello, I have a European mantis named Matilda. She just laid her THIRD ootheca last night. She mated about a month or so ago. But the cycle has been about every 10 days. She eats and eats and then lays. They're all in the same corner of the cage as well. How do I get them to hatch? Do they have to go through the winter in order to do so?

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

Regards,

Tim

Depends on species, but yes in the case of euro's, I agree with mime and brancsikia

Many more than three. It really depends on many factors: species, nutrition, food availability, etc.

Hello, I have a European mantis named Matilda. She just laid her THIRD ootheca last night. She mated about a month or so ago. But the cycle has been about every 10 days. She eats and eats and then lays. They're all in the same corner of the cage as well. How do I get them to hatch? Do they have to go through the winter in order to do so?

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

Regards,

Tim
Just an fyi, make sure the oothecae are not overlapping each other (the instars will be blocked out when they hatch)

Latest posts