How's my setup?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave509

Reaction score
Hello all, new to raising mantis, and I just got this mantis religiosa (I believe that is what he is.) Just wonedering if this set up is going to be ok for him, current has some fine dirt on the bottom, with a reptile water dish containing the sponge square. Also has fiberglass mesh backing and a few sticks. Cheers!

David

hans cage.jpg

This cage will sufice and they dont need a sponge becuase they can just drink water droplets.... Also the mesh background is needed for feeder food to climb up there so dont remove it..... I usually make complete terrariums or sometimes use cups....... by the way....... WELCOME TO THE HOBBY :scooter:

Thanks for the replies! I just used some foam double stick tape, but I was worried his feet might get stuck through the mesh to the tape, so I covered the area with some strips of masking tape.

Tape is very dangerous for small creatures. If ANY part of it should become lifted from the surface, the creature could become stuck.

I like to use low temperature glue, or even put the mesh over the rim of the container and pop the top on over the mesh to hold it in place.

Latest posts