Hydei culture

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, larva should be crawling up the walls of the delicup after a week or so.

what kind of media and how many flies did you toss in to start the culture?

were they healthy? (i dont seed new cultures with the "runt" little ones that hatch out near the end of a culture...just nice fat ones from a still-producing culture)

This is a culture that I bought online when it arrived there where only 6-10 flies left alive.... I got in touch with the place I bought from and they said this happens it will be ok....

hmmmmm I have waited and my spidey senses say this culture is no good ... I have been trying to get hold of them again and they are not replying to my emails so I have opened a paypal resolution to see if I get a response from that. I have ordered another culture from Mantis Place (where I got my Mantis from)

is there mites in the culture. They can stop one pretty fast. They look like small round white spots that move.

Keep in mind with these temps like here in the south where its a hundred degrees+ if your cultures are being shipped without any insulation to protect them from the heat they will likely wind up sterile as well as dead after the culture passes the 85ish degree mark. IT also creates a bunch of flying FF that are normally flighhtless species.

Michael

Latest posts