Ice Cube Drippers?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sporeworld

Reaction score
So, I'm thinking about ways to automate my Enclosure to keep the damages my Bug Sitters can do to a minimum.

One idea I have is put ice cubes in a deli cup with a small hole cut in the bottom. Then set it on top of the screen enclosures, and walk away. Should take many hours to melt completely, then slowly drip out the bottom. Maybe. Needs testing.

The idea is that they won't need to spray (or at least not often), and it MIGHT provide decent humditiy (like I said - needs testing).

Anyone ever try something like this...?

I have similar idea, but with honey/fly food ice cubes. A very slow drip through the screen to a cup (well, a Gatorade cap) below. Maybe with a sponge in it?

a friend of mine uses a thing called a "big dripper" with his chameleons dont know much about them but sounds similar to what you are looking for , zoo med make them if you wanna google them

I just put the moss in the bottom and get it soaking wet before I leave. Lasts a long time.

I have the big dripper that mylo is talking about, although I never have used it yet. The deli cups seem fine, don't really see that it's nessesary to fill it with ice, it will melt pretty quick anyway. Putting a pinhole or 2 on the bottom of the deli cup would should work and last quite awhile depending on the size of the cup. You might want to keep the lid securely fitted to keep some pressure, maybe poke a pinhole on top as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts