ID for ooth

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calng424

Reaction score
Picture001.jpg

No way that is an orchid mantis, they are darker in colour, far smoother, are and long things stuck to twigs usually, it looks more like an odontomantis ooth but could be a number of things

i never had orchids before but i saw a few ooths once at a friend, it doesnt look like it.
What size is that ooth? Which country u found it (Malaysia, Indonesia??). It does reminiscent that of an orchid ooth, but looks too small to be one, but most likely a flower type?? Here is a pic of an orchid ooth my lady recently laid, measured approx. 5cm long.

orchid_ooth_1_080808.jpg

What size is that ooth? Which country u found it (Malaysia, Indonesia??). It does reminiscent that of an orchid ooth, but looks too small to be one, but most likely a flower type?? Here is a pic of an orchid ooth my lady recently laid, measured approx. 5cm long.
it was 5 cm an looked lik yours. it could be a small ooth, didnt ate enough or so.

Orchid ooths harden up though and turn darker in colour, so have to wait and see

Then better post pics of the nymphs. It is not possible to ID L1s exactly, but sometimes you get a glimpse on what could they develop into.

Latest posts