Ideas for another contest

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giosan

Reaction score
Hey all.

I really enjoyed the mantis habitat contest (no, not just because we won! :p ), and I was talking talking to Peter how we could sponsor another contest.

As you know, we run our own website and we thought it would be nice to sponsor the next contest with a shirt or something, since that's some of the new products we have on our website. We got different designs, colors and sizes so the winner has a big choice :)

So, anyone got some nice ideas? :)

how about a simple photo contest? the best picture wins?

or a pet and ower look-alike competition, the winner is the person who look most like his matid?

or a "what's the weirdest thing your matids ever ate?" competition? one of my favorite to win would be the owner of that matid who caught a humming bird (you can see the video on youtube)!

or how about a mantids in the wild photo competiton?

i think i deserve a prize just for these great ideas :D

What about design a mantis?

The most people that would want to trade a idolomantis for lol

how about a simple photo contest? the best picture wins? or a pet and ower look-alike competition, the winner is the person who look most like his matid?

or a "what's the weirdest thing your matids ever ate?" competition? one of my favorite to win would be the owner of that matid who caught a humming bird (you can see the video on youtube)!

or how about a mantids in the wild photo competiton?

i think i deserve a prize just for these great ideas :D
Yes u got good ideas, sorry all u get here is a kudos! I like the pet and owner look one :)

One contest could involve creating a mantis, sort of making blue prints for it and all and even photoshopping different parts, etc, whatever comes across as coolest.

One could be a talent show... Try to teach a mantis a trick or catch them doing some off the way behavior.

Two words... Macro Junkie. LOLThere are some people with amazing cameras on here, so it kinda rules out other people with not so good cameras.
Ya a pic contest isnt very fair consideringi have a 200$ camera and MJ has a 2500$ or something like that. We should do mantis art lol. you can use paint, sand, sticks, and you make a praying mantis picture or model..... but no going to a pre built kit lol

Very nice suggestions everyone, we will pick one soon ;)
photo contest isnt fair cause some have better camaras than others and having an editing contest is unfair also because im sure only a handful of guys on here know how to edit good me not being one of them.

how about u take your own pic."must be your own pic" and edit a caption in it? like yen did that time...remember the 69er caption he did...lol

how about a funny picture one??

you take a picture of a mantis and you have to have a funny caption to it (in the like of "you should have gone to specsavers" on a picture or a weird eye mantids, or a "mmm....i'm loving it" with a mantids eating)

that would involve some nice photography, but would be judged on the funny / interesting / unusual comments. in that case, everyone would be equal since we all have a brain to think!! :D B)

How about a contest for the best contest idea? Everyone here could have a fair shot at that and not even have to leave the computer.

Or a contest for the best effort at getting new people into the mantid hobby? You would have to explain what you did, likely back it up with photos or video and explain why you think your promotion is the most successful.

How about a contest for the best contest idea? Everyone here could have a fair shot at that and not even have to leave the computer.Or a contest for the best effort at getting new people into the mantid hobby? You would have to explain what you did, likely back it up with photos or video and explain why you think your promotion is the most successful.
Would the contest idea have to be child friendly? :)