I'm Baaaack

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorhack

Reaction score
hey guys what's up? It's been a horribly miserable winter, cold and extra crappy. But this summer is going to be SO great. i was outside smoking at work today and was like: "man there's alot of bugs out now" Then it hit me, It's mantis season! Instead of just catching wilds I want to start with an ooth and experience the whole thing first hand.

So I need some tips on EVERYTHING haha, but mostly feeding habits, which is why i posted it here

I remember somthing about a specific fly at L1 and then they get upgraded to houseflys and then bees, or mealworms.

But what exactly should I do from hatching an on?

Ps. Excited about this season

If im not mistaken (im new to this too), fruit flies seem to be the preferred nymph food. I could be wrong though, so anyone feel free to correct me. :unsure:

Welcome back! You will find more than enough info on fruit flies and nymph rearing using the search feature. Usually people start with D. melanogaster. I hope I spelled it correctly.

I think fruit flys are best then curly wing then green-blue bottle i find flying roaches different or moths