I'm...

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marxofx

Reaction score
Hello All,

My Name is Marcus, I'm the herpetologist at a science museum in Miami, Fl. I spend my days making sure that all exhibit and behind the scenes animals are taken care. At home I have an extensive collection of African Lizards and snakes(mostly viperidae). I don't have a death wish but the physical structure of venomous snakes are cool to me. Rattles, horns, and  keeled scales get me excited. My lizards are also covered in spikes some just the tails some their whole bodies. I'm originally from Brazil, moved to Singapore at the age of 8 and my first pet there was a praying mantis. I recently just acquired 3 mantids mostly Africans haha similiarity much...but I'm in the search for that large textbook appearance mantis that I once had as a kid. It was very orange. I traded that thing for a flying lizard and a calotes. Cried for days but I guess reptiles kind of keep me living and putting food on the plate. I'm interested in breeding, collecting, and learning everything there is to know about mantids. I guess that pretty much sums up why I'm here. Bring on the knowledge!!!

Hello Marcus and welcome to the forum
wave2.gif

If you have a photo of your childhood mantis then perhaps it can be identified if you post it. :)

Welcome. 

I fancy myself a bit of a herpetologist. 

Latest posts