[Insert Clever Title Here]

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Digipup

Reaction score
Hello everyone c:

A while back I joined the forum because I raised mantids as a kid (those "grow your own bugs" things you find in magazines, that was my hobby from summer to summer). I happened to stumble across a video of an Orchid Mantis on Youtube. First thought was "Woahhhh, that's a mantid?" (having only raised the Chinese ones as of yet). Second thought was ".... That's a mantid." 

giphy.gif

And that sparked a furious bout of internet research and newfound love of the evil little cannibalistic buggers, which also resulted in my discovery of the forum.

I had planned on ordering some more Chinese mantids to raise over the summer, get back into the swing of things, but I ran into some unforeseen financial difficulty (oh, the life of a college kid) and I wasn't able to finish buying all of the products to be able to properly raise them.

One thing I did end up with was a ton of (overpriced!) fruit flies, and no nymphs to eat them, so in a few minutes I'm going to go put up a thread in the sales section. I'd hate for the mantis food and my money to go to waste, so if anyone wants three fat plastic test tubes swarming with way too many 5th-gen or 6th-gen flightless fruit flies... hit me up. I'll post a link to the sale thread in a minute. (This is the main reason I'm posting in Introductions; forum says I must. Not complaining, just being honest.) Edit: Or, y'know, whenever the 'post new topic' button is available to me. Hopefully not too long; those flies really do not have enough room and I feel bad leaving them in there. They'll totally have better lives in a new mantis home. Totally.

So... yep that's my mantid history. I'm not a really talkative person. Check profile for more details if you're that interested in me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the forum
welcome6.gif

Regarding the button it says Start new topic and is available to any member (0 posts or not, however as you saw there are rules to follow otherwise it will be removed).

The only time there is not a button is if you are using a incompatible smartphone which is a known software problem. The only true solution is to use a computer to make your classified ad if you do not have the button available. The button is to the right-side of the page after the rules and before the topics.

Regarding the button it says Start new topic and is available to any member...
Well, I'm not seeing a button haha. Just... nothing. I see "Start New Topic" options in every other forum, but not the sales ones. I'm just using a plain old laptop. 

How very odd.

Anyway, I was able to acquire some Ghost nymphs c: I've never raised Ghosts before, so this might be fun. I've never tried breeding mantids before either, but I might give that a shot too. Anyway, I'll probably be lurking around the forum to learn more about them as time goes on.

Ghosts are supposed to be good beginner mantids! I'm like you, though, I NEED an orchid at some point... right now i'm raising some h. venosa (who are also supposed to be good for beginners) and some sinensis (who definitely aren't! So many mismolts D: ) 

Latest posts