Introduce myself

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Happygolucky

Reaction score
I hope that this is the correct method to use in order to introduce myself. I am Don Wen, a Shaolin disiple of Siddhartha Gautama. I wish to obtain wisdom, to learn the way, to follow the way of the Tao, to walk the right path and to help others along the path. This is the purpose of my life, to learn.

I see that there are many kinds of mantises and I seek advice on which species are large and also if smaller ones are unique in movement and style, which of those are to be considered for study of movement and technique.

I seek a mantis which display stances which are used to brace for and to execute offensive attack or evasive defense tactics. I am not sure which one I will need for this. I seek not to injure the mantises, or to pit them against one another, only to study how they approach and overcome the prey or opponent they seek to capture. If you are a seller or an expert, any answers are most welcome. Thank you, Don

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. Many of them move differently. Some are more aggresive than others, so have a much different approch to hunting and hidding. I say study as many as you can.

the rhombodera basalis is a interesting one to study as in my observations its silent but can be deadly as the ones I had like to either lay in wait and strike at their prey or they tend to slowly stalk the prey they seek and may their attacks and they are one of the ones I like to watch when they are in prey stalking mode!

Hummm,welcome, but I don't see nothin
blink.gif

I hope that this is the correct method to use in order to introduce myself. I am Don Wen, a Shaolin disiple of Siddhartha Gautama. I wish to obtain wisdom, to learn the way, to follow the way of the Tao, to walk the right path and to help others along the path. This is the purpose of my life, to learn.

I see that there are many kinds of mantises and I seek advice on which species are large and also if smaller ones are unique in movement and style, which of those are to be considered for study of movement and technique.

I seek a mantis which display stances which are used to brace for and to execute offensive attack or evasive defense tactics. I am not sure which one I will need for this. I seek not to injure the mantises, or to pit them against one another, only to study how they approach and overcome the prey or opponent they seek to capture. If you are a seller or an expert, any answers are most welcome. Thank you, Don
See it now?

Latest posts