Introducing Me & My Future Business

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ziiggy's Insectarium

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My name is Ziiggy and wanted to let everyone know that i am starting an insectarium along side a complete breeding project of a variety of inverts. The insectarium is going to be a zoo of insects all will have uniquely designed enclosures. I plan for it to be a completely interactive experience for the people who go through the zoo and take an interest in insects as a hobby, curiosity, or career. From feeding some insects & arachnids to handling some of the friendlier residents I would like people to leave with a yearning for more. With the breeding part i want to make all the species i carried readily and available and in stock so people can have what ever they want and not have to wait months on end to even have a chance at keeping something. I have chosen to start this endeavor with mantises and am going to work on keeping a breeding a healthy stock of anything i can grab and what the community of insect keepers want.

Thanks for reading my short post​

Ziiggy​

Welcome! That’s a really big endeavor, starting an insectarium. I wish you very much luck. Where are you located? If you’re close, I’ll have to give you a visit some time!

Wow! an insectarium!!! Where is it going to be? That sounds amazing!! I live close to the second largest insectarium in the USA (Philadelphia insectarium) and I love it there!

- MantisGirl13

my insectarium will be located in fort collins colorado starting out but depending on how big it grows it may get moved to a more major city. and if it grows further past that then may looking into epanding it into different states

aw. I was hoping you’d say Indianapolis ?

how soon are you planning to get started collecting?

Well, when you do get a space, send me a message, and I might be able give you a good deal on some mantis species (depending on what I’ve got)

Well, when you do get a space, send me a message, and I might be able give you a good deal on some mantis species (depending on what I’ve got)
sounds good man thanks for the offer will definitely take that offer when i can also people who i obtain anything from will have special discount codes on everything once its running

My Scottish side is definitely happy about that ?

I’m planning on having some ghosts, orchids, and spiny flowers here pretty soon. I’m also going to have some  pseudoacanthops nymphs (really rare) and I might be able to sell you some of those

My Scottish side is definitely happy about that ?

I’m planning on having some ghosts, orchids, and spiny flowers here pretty soon. I’m also going to have some  pseudoacanthops nymphs (really rare) and I might be able to sell you some of those
i might be able to buy them off of you some time soon. ill give you my business email, [email protected] if you want to send me pictures and offers of things you have i'd gladly appreciate it

I’ll definitely do that. I’ll also be posting in the for sale section of this forum, so be sure to keep your eyes open for that ?

I have ghost ooths that I can sell if you want one.... They are for sure fertile. Two of them are actually going to the Philadelphia Insectarium.

- MantisGirl13

Latest posts