Introducing... ME!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jganjay

Reaction score
Hello,

I thought I had posted my intro already but I guess I haven't.

I'm 30 and I have no idea where I am from anymore since I move every year it seems but I am currently living on beautiful Whidbey Island in Washington State. My time here is limited however since I will soon be returning to my career in teaching sustainable tropical agriculture in South America.

I have been fascinated with insects, reptiles, and amphibians since I was little and have been working with them my whole life either in captivity or observing in the wild. As far as mantids go, I always loved finding them growing up and was first introduced to exotic species in my early teens when a vendor at a reptile show gave me an ooth of an african species which I believe was Sphodromantis lineola. I raised quite a few generations of them and really wanted to get other exotic species but at the time they were pretty hard to come by.

In more recent years I have been keeping Phyllocrania paradoxa and Hymenopus coronatus. In my travels I have encountered some fantastic species in the wild in South America and Africa that I will have to share photos of when I have time later.

DSC_5674.jpg

DSC_5676.jpg

DSC_5692.jpg

DSC_6185-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello and welcome to the forum
welcome7.gif

It sounds like you will have some great information to share with others, as you have most beat in time keeping "bugs", glad to have you here. :D Even if you do move again, be sure to come back and visit - the website loads anywhere in the world after all.

Easy to see you are into photography besides the website, a Nikon D600 FX (wow) and a Lightroom user. ;) Great photos, and I really love the coloration of the pink Orchid on the right, it is a beauty.

And Welcome to the Group!

Sounds like an busy but exciting life... Can't wait to hear more...

Latest posts