Is a 12x12x18 enclosure too large for a 2-3inch long mantis?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kungfumantis

Reaction score
I am worried that an enclosure of this size may present difficulties for the mantis to find food. Any advice would be appreciated.

I am worried that an enclosure of this size may present difficulties for the mantis to find food. Any advice would be appreciated.
Hmm yeah that is a little big for a mantis that size. Depending on the kind of food you give them and how much decor you have in the enclosure, they might not find it. However, there's a solution! Either handfeed your mantis or use a separate container for feeding.

Or get a smaller enclosure overall. Up to you!

Hmm yeah that is a little big for a mantis that size. Depending on the kind of food you give them and how much decor you have in the enclosure, they might not find it. However, there's a solution! Either handfeed your mantis or use a separate container for feeding.

exactly this, as long as you put food near em and you see the mantis eating itll be find. I use a similar size for adult spinys/ghosts. they find flys just fine.

ghost tho i feed with tweezers more.

Ok, thank you so much for your advice and help.

Latest posts