Like a kid again

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PseudoDave

Reaction score
Well, I don't know if anyone will be interested, but i'm gonna post about it anyway, hehe. It's been a long time, many years, since I went on a little walk/explore, just for the sake of it. I wasn't just doing this randomly today though, I was on a mission. I've seen countless species of exotic animal, I work at an exotics shop, I've kept them for longer. Yet, i've NEVER seen one of our most common native reptiles here in the UK, the Slow-worm. Imagine my delight when I lifted a rock and found two, large females sitting together, then more delight when I turned another rock and found a male and a tiny baby. They're larger as adults than I expected and smaller as young than I expected. Many of my relatives live in areas of the south coast and south-west and they always see our native reptiles, this was a treat for me though. The only time i'd seen one before today was when my cat was kind enough to deliver me a half-eaten one, just the tail end. Now the good part, as a parting gift, two of the adults that I captured to look at used their defence system very well..... and covered my arm and shirt with poo, smells nice as well. All in all, a great morning anyway, oh also, there is nothing slow about them. When I let them go they were off and invisible in the leaves and rocks within seconds, faster than a nun's first curry.

Anyway, just thought i'd share :) No pics since my digital camera is no longer in action (always happens as the warranty expires dont you find?).

Dave

This picture is not mine, it's from a random site on the internet.

sworm.jpg

Cool dave, I live in devon and i've seen about 10 so far. It's an amazing creature! :wink:

Latest posts