Lost my female ghost tonight :(

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mantisman111

Reaction score
Noticed that she began to have wet poops and some vomit on the side of her net cage, I think she may have overeaten or eaten something bad. She lived a long healthy life of around 11 months, and I raised her from an L2. After initially buying four nymphs, losing one to cannibalism, and the other male a month earlier, I'm left with only one female :( I have had a great run with my ghosts and after starting the hobby with them I now have chaeta, wahlbergii, and budwings.

Thank you to this community for introducing me to this wonderful hobby and I hope to continue for a long time :)

Sorry to hear you lost your first mantis, it's hard to lose any pet, especially a special one. I'm glad to see though she had a long life for a mantis. and your staying with the hobby.

I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm happy to see you are also able to celebrate how your ghosts helped get you into the hobby. Sometimes when they get really old their digestion goes right before they pass, like their body is shutting down. Thus when they reach that point of their life, I tend not to blame something fed so much as old age.

Sorry for your loss. So sad. But 11 months is great! I tell mine before they die that they are going to Mandy-land where they can eat all the honey bees and crickets they want!

Sorry for your loss.. But these guys catch your interest (heart) (especially Ghosts...love the dance) and become part of your life...Sound like she had a great life..

now she can fly free & safe over Rainbow Bridge...