Malaysian Blue Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliott

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My names Elliott, I am I new member to this site. I have a beautiful female Malaysian Blue Mantis called Beau, who I’ve had for 5 months. 

She has had little crickets, mealworms, curly wing flies, and tropical woodlice. Does anybody have any more suggestions on what food to give her?

many thanks, Elliott 3D84EB1D-F777-4C21-B80B-EAAC585775F6.jpeg

B76CA157-94B1-4FC1-A9DC-36EB6065917B.jpeg

408468CA-C65C-4196-8E3F-A9665F282B3D.jpeg

Hello Elliot, nice mantid. Sounds like you've tried a good variety already, but you could also try roaches. They are available in many varieties and are usually large, which can be nice for large mantids if you find feeding tons of little things annoying. You could also try Morio worms, which are like a giant mealworm, some folks cut thir head off so its easier to feed to the mantid. Oh I also like to give mine wax worms/wax moths. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome. Beautiful mantis you got there! I would recommend bluebottle flies for food. You can buy pupae online.

Hello Elliott and welcome to the forum
welcome.gif

I have moved your post to the introduce yourself section, as that is what you have done. ;) Your girl has really grown since you have gotten her, and her wing buds show she is nearing adulthood (likely L6).

Indeed with the larger size she is now then crickets, cockroaches, bottle flies (available as pupae online), mealworms, waxworm (and moths), and appropriate sized moths are good options.

Latest posts