Mantid Feeding Question

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chostin

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I recently got a hold of some nymphs around L2. I've been feeding them fruit flies and they seem to be healthy. But how do nymphs get their source of water?

Should I use a spray bottle or something?

yes you need a spray bottle, fill it with DISTILLED water and spray them about as often as you feed them. ps what species are you raising?

I have been using filtered water from my fridge water dispenser(don't spray it when it is cold ;) ), or from a filter that attaches to my kitchen faucet, for over a year with no problems. :)

Depending on your local water source, you may not even need to filter the water.

Last edited by a moderator:
are water is a little hard so i always use distilled to be safe.

are water is a little hard so i always use distilled to be safe.
I suppose distilled would be good if you can't stand having water spots, the spots don't bother me unless I am trying to get a pic through the containers. :lol:

The major reason for misting is to increase the humidity for a few hours. Mantids get most of their liquid from their prey but will sometimes drink water droplets from the sides of th cup, especially if they are about to molt. The choice of distilled, purified or tap water is up to the keeper. The mantids don't seem to care! :D

Latest posts