Mantid species in Southern Spain?

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs4guy

Reaction score
And other cool inverts? Im spending 10 days down here and figured I'd keep an eye out for bugs and such. Gracias!

Hi,

As far as I am informed, you should be able to find Mantis religiosa and different kinds of Empusa down there. Probably also some Sphodromantis from Africa are possible. But I am not sure which kinds are under conversation in Spain. You should inform yourself in advance.

Cheers,

Tristan

Also, be on the look out for the Megarian banded centipede. They're about 4 1/2 inches long! I think you could be able to see iris oratoria, but not sure...

Yes, Iris Oratoria is a very possible candidate but at this time of the year they should be still very young.

Oh, cool inverts in general? Well scorpions are cool and there are plenty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Europe, South Spane

Ameles, Apteromantis, Geomantis, Iris, Mantis, Perlamantis (wil ik HEEL graag vinden, maar heeft het noemertje 'potential risk' gekregen), Rivetina.

North-Afrika, point close to South-Spane

Ameles, Apteromantis, Blepharopsis, Elaea, Empusa, Geomantis, Hypsicorypha, Iris, Mantis, Oxyothopsis, Paraseverinia, Perlamantis, Pseudoyersinia, Rivetina, Severinia, Sphodromantis, Eremiaphila.

I'm going to Malaga in September, looking for different kinds of Mantis

These are the species that lifes in there