Mantis size question

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tenlbr

Reaction score
I'm new to raising mantis's. I have a couple questions. Is there a web site or can someone explain the sizes from nymph to adult. How long will a mantis feed on fruit flies? How big should they be before I give them something bigger than a fruit fly. I have a Texas unicorn and cryptic. Thanks in advance.

I'm new to raising mantis's. I have a couple questions. Is there a web site or can someone explain the sizes from nymph to adult. How long will a mantis feed on fruit flies? How big should they be before I give them something bigger than a fruit fly. I have a Texas unicorn and cryptic. Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the site. Please introduce yourself in the introductions forum.

Somebody will be along to explain sizes most likely. They will feed on fruit flies until they can catch larger prey. You can switch whenever you want or when the mantis is able to catch larger prey. If you feel they can eat something bigger go ahead and try to feed them a small cricket, roach, or fly. If the mantis take it then you can start feeding the new prey.

Latest posts