Mantis Throwing up

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fruit is healthy and if you give it to crickets i guess that will make them healthy. So I dont understand why you think fruit is bad peekaboo. :?

I'm saying this because of what I have read in this thread.

Check out Kenneth's reply. He found that fruit was giving his roaches infections, and in turn, mantids that ate the roaches were getting infections as well. Maybe this wouldn't happen with crickets, but why take that chance, knowing that a good commercial gutload won't make mantids sick?

Think before what you say Peekaboo. Those are roaches not crickets.

OO should i not feed the female orchid for 4 days? j/w so it can get rid of the bad food in its system?

Joe

Think before what you say Peekaboo. Those are roaches not crickets.
Read before you say Dino.

Did you not read this: "Maybe this wouldn't happen with crickets, but why take that chance, knowing that a good commercial gutload won't make mantids sick?"

OO should i not feed the female orchid for 4 days? j/w so it can get rid of the bad food in its system?Joe
I don't know for sure, but letting the mantid clean out its system couldn't hurt. Just make sure it doesn't starve. lol

OO should i not feed the female orchid for 4 days? j/w so it can get rid of the bad food in its system?Joe
I don't know for sure, but letting the mantid clean out its system couldn't hurt. Just make sure it doesn't starve.
Never have doubt on a mantis. Good luck Joe.

it could have been the vegetables & you are supposed to feed them fruit from time to time ( not all the time). Also what is life without taking chances peekaboo?

yes!! it stopped throwing up!! i think cleanin its system worked because its eating fine now :D . juts wanted to shar ethat all with you :D . maybe its a new cure for mantids throwing up. what i did was just feed it water from a straw, it threw up the water but after a few days of doing this it stopped and i decided to start feeding it again and its eating great :D .

Joe

Good job Joe. Maybe this can be a cure for throwing up mantids. Just give it water through a straw :p , but was the water cold, warm, hot, or BOILING HOT WATER? :shock:

I always stop feeding them, sterilize the container and increase the humidity and sprayings and this works for me.
You dont say? I wonder where someone may have got the idea to stop feeding and increase water intake to help treat vomiting? What a new and stifling discovery!

Sometimes I sit here and wonder how often the things that are posted, are actually read.

It might be a new and wonderful discovey, but it probably has to be tested on other mantids first right.

Sure, except we already knew about treating them that way. In fact, I've posted it at least 4 different times here recently on different threads.

Okay. People who have mantids throwing up they should try what Joe did. Great discovery man 8)

lol srry about that leah, just didnt see that for a sec :? i really gotta give the credit to u on this thread :D i gotta read this stuff better lol. i'm just glad my orchid is living on :D

Joe

I know this has kinda finished know but when my mantis ate a grasshopper it threw up so I waited until it stopped throwing up (2 or 3 days) until i fed it crickets again and it was fine. I really dont see how grasshoppers effected my mantis though :?

The only guess I can make is that the grasshopper may have eaten something that didn't agree with your mantid, or the grasshopper itself may have been ill.

Most of the time, mantids throw up from eating something bad. However, I think I have read that mantids can also get sick from bacteria and the like.

Latest posts