Mantis Valentines

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charleyandbecky

Reaction score
My little kindergartener wants praying mantis valentines. We found some that are assorted bugs but she wants ALL mantids. So, here's our first attempt with one of our baby carolinas. This isn't the final one but is pretty cute. Eventually I'll get a picture with better light and have wallets printed out with Valentine's Day borders.

Rebecca

vdaymantis2.jpg

My little kindergartener wants praying mantis valentines. We found some that are assorted bugs but she wants ALL mantids. So, here's our first attempt with one of our baby carolinas. This isn't the final one but is pretty cute. Eventually I'll get a picture with better light and have wallets printed out with Valentine's Day borders.Rebecca

View attachment 1045
Cute idea, Rebecca! It's great she's into the mantids and wants to include them in the Valentine's cards. :) Gotta love it! :D Would love to see your finished product too. ;)

My little kindergartener wants praying mantis valentines. We found some that are assorted bugs but she wants ALL mantids. So, here's our first attempt with one of our baby carolinas. This isn't the final one but is pretty cute. Eventually I'll get a picture with better light and have wallets printed out with Valentine's Day borders.Rebecca

View attachment 1045
You really have a gift for this sort of thing, Rebecca! It was you who did the candy cane Xmas card, right? Well you've got a cuppla weeks to work on it!

Some super romantic folks (including, I think, some members here!) celebrate their wedding anniversary on Valentine's day. Perhaps you could make a special one for them!

View attachment 1045
Very interesting!

You really have a gift for this sort of thing, Rebecca! It was you who did the candy cane Xmas card, right? Well you've got a cuppla weeks to work on it!Some super romantic folks (including, I think, some members here!) celebrate their wedding anniversary on Valentine's day. Perhaps you could make a special one for them!
Yes, that was me with the candy cane. I love putting mantids on odd things to take their pictures. Cool idea about the mantis anniversary cards. I'll see what I can do for those romantic people. As for me, I got married on Halloween :) so we always have fun with that.

Rebecca

Oh my, that is just way too cute! She is going to have the coolest V-day cards ever.

Also Krissim Klaw> that is so cute, is that vector?

I swear I've seen your art somewhere before- do you have a site?

Also Krissim Klaw> that is so cute, is that vector?I swear I've seen your art somewhere before- do you have a site?
Nope at least I don't think so... lol I'm terrible at computer jargon. I did It in Photoshop then saved it in png format when loading it to photobucket.You might have seen some of my stuff around. Only set site I have up is a DA account though despite being on it for years still only have two pictures uploaded on it since I forgot about it for a long stretch... Plan to start uploading more of my new stuff there though.

No! you've not seen her stuff, she works esclusively for me, u can't have her!
Your too silly. :D :wub: Oops, didn't mean to hijack charleyandbecky's thread. Just think it is so neat she is doing V-day cards for her kindergartner. I would have killed to have cute mantis related cards when I was that age.

Mantis Valentine cards are the best, here was one I made a few years back. :p
HappyV-dayMantis.png
Now THAT is a cute card! I love how pink and pretty it is, but with a hint of mantis threat. There really should be mantis cards for all holidays.

We're still working on Maisy's cards. Thankfully we have some time. I'd love for one of the babies to molt again. I have one big adult female but she is at death's door and not really in the spirit to prance around on plastic hearts. :(

Latest posts