Mantis won't eat

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AltarMantis

Reaction score
Hi all, recently had one of my nymphs around l3-4 (I believe) lose a leg after molting which severly augmented her raptors aswell. She can't catch prey on her own so I've been trying to hand feed her. She won't eat the stilt bugs I catch by my front door because their legs are too long but won't eat the fruit flies I bring her either. The only thing I've been able to get her to eat is some occasional pieces of honey. Since her mobility is difficult she stays in the same place day in and out, I feel of I'm able to feed her she will gain some strength back. 

@AltarMantis Have any luck feeding your nymph?

If not a option is to go to a pet store and get some crickets, mealworms, waxworms, phoenix worms, etc. Cut them in half/smash them so it makes feeding easier for the nymph, with the "insides" right there for it to eat. If it still refuses to eat anything rub the cut/smashed feeder onto it's mouth, it should entice it into eating once it tastes it.

Thankyou! Sadly she didn't make it, I'm down to two inch and a quarter nymphs and I'm working my best with them!