Mark Wahlberg died today =(

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petoly

Reaction score
my pseudocreobotra wahlbergii aka Mark Wahlberg died of old age today. he was a sweet dude. I feel bad I couldn't find a female for him =(

YcUA7l.jpg

I'm pretty sure he knows, lol he's just messin with me.but yes I preserve all my mantis pets why dump them when they are still pretty when bugpinned? might as well start a collection

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm pretty sure he knows, lol he's just messin with me.but yes I preserve all my mantis pets why dump them when they are still pretty when bugpinned? might as well start a collection
Oh. I saw ur post directly as I posted mine. woops.

well Mr. Mime454 I wanted to make sure you were damn sure you knew what happened to my mantis lol

I got excited for a minute, but then was saddened to see a walberghii was the deceased. My females died the same, as I couldn't get them any males after mine got chomped (without mating :mad: ). One day I'll get some more. :(

Yeah I figured people would get confused about the title ;) . I wish you better luck when you get more Patrick

Last edited by a moderator:
OK. The title of this topic had me going. Funny name. Some of my mantises are special to me, but I just call them all "Wally" or "mantis." I have too many to name.

I must have missed the fact that you were looking for a female. I had six females molt to adults in May/June and gave away three of them because I didn't want to mate that many females at one time.

I got excited for a minute, but then was saddened to see a walberghii was the deceased. My females died the same, as I couldn't get them any males after mine got chomped (without mating :mad: ). One day I'll get some more. :(
Patrickfraser, did you ever keep your females you thought weren't mated around long enough for them to lay ooths? And if so, did you incubate them? This species typically connects for only 5 hours or so. I tried to mate one of my females a few months ago and never witnessed a connection. She ate the male that same day. I assumed they hadn't mated. But they did as I was shocked when her ooth hatched. I shipped her to a friend before I found out she was fertile. Sometime after that, I had another surprise wahlbergii ooth hatch. The ooth was attached to the bottom of a dark brown branch, and it was from that same female. I hadn't even noticed that she had laid a second ooth.

yeah I had a post I guess people missed it oh well. next time. I'm sure there will be a next time. I like this species a lot.