Meiji

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

obregon562

Reaction score
I just recieved three "free-you-pay-shipping" chinese mantids from Meiji. They were packed loosely in a 4" w x 2" t x 6" l flat rate priority box, and each one was seperated by a piece of newspaper. Two shed into subadults on the way, causing massive malformation. One was DOA, the other has a 50/50 shot at living, although im not sure how it would shed into adulthood being able to climb, and the one that didnt shed has an unusable back leg. Actually, im quite lucky i didnt cut it in half, as i used a knife to cut the box open and it was allowed to crawl around. I realize they were free, but they are/were still living animals. It was honestly, not being rude, the worst packing job i've ever seen. Now, i know Meiji's new so im cutting him slack, but i just hope he learns. We will sort it out, and im sure he will go on to be a great breeder. He was very friendly and helpful, and sent great animals. It was just his packing that left a lot to be desired. He will learn, and im not recommending against him. It is just what happend.

Frankie

I just recieved three "free-you-pay-shipping" chinese mantids from Meiji...Frankie
I'm well-aware of how these SHOULD have been shipped. Given that Frankie insisted on the cheapest shipping method possible, and that I am even paying his postage in consideration of the unfortunate results, I feel discussing this mishap publicly is in bad taste.

I should have insisted that they be shipped properly. Eventually, I will trade with other breeders and at that time I'll pay due attention to packing. To begin my "Breeder Feedback" with a negative post was a poor way for Frankie to repay my attempt at generosity.

The fact that the two mantises that died did so because they moulted in transit is a relevant fact. This forum has featured considerable discussion about how essential it is that mantises have proper space to moult and that they not be disturbed during the process.

As long as we're discussing our responsibility towards living creatures I'll raise the following point: Who entrusts a collection of rare mantises to someone who would feed them hamburger and soda? ( http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?sh...c=11071&hl= )

Last edited by a moderator:
this should have been a PM, but...

I'm well-aware of how these SHOULD have been shipped. Given that Frankie insisted on the cheapest shipping method possible, and that I am even paying his postage in consideration of the unfortunate results, I feel discussing this mishap publicly is in bad taste.
If you were aware of how these "SHOULD" have been shipped, why didnt you? How does a downgrade from Overnight to priority change the fact that you didnt send them in anything whatsoever? Loose?!

I insisted on cheap shipping costs, not cheap shipping effort.

No, you are not paying the postage. I sent you double the postage you requested.

I too didnt want this to become a big public debate, i was just posting the facts.

I should have insisted that they be shipped properly.Eventually, I will trade with other breeders and at that time I'll pay due attention to packing.
No, i should have insisted.

Im not a breeder? Somehow i do not count when it comes to packing?

To begin my "Breeder Feedback" with a negative post was a poor way for Frankie to repay my attempt at generosity.
True, it is a bad way to being your breeder feedback. Sending mantids loosely in a small package was a bad way to start your mantid-sending too.

[As long as we're discussing our responsibility towards living creatures I'll raise the following point: Who entrusts a collection of rare mantises to someone who would feed them hamburger and soda? ( http://mantidforum.net/forums/index.php?sh...c=11071&hl= )
/quote]

Honestly, what has that to do with the facts at hand? Do you even realize i endorsed you? im trying to be nice and you have the nerve to raise something completely out of my control and that has nothing to do with the point at hand except smear me? Really?

this should have been a PM, but...you didnt send them in anything whatsoever? Loose?! I insisted on cheap shipping costs, not cheap shipping effort.

/quote]

Honestly, what has that to do with the facts at hand? Do you even realize i endorsed you? im trying to be nice and you have the nerve to raise something completely out of my control and that has nothing to do with the point at hand except smear me? Really?
I take strong exception to both your posts.

They were not shipped loose. The container was divided into three compartments. The primary reason this was a problem wasn't my packing or even your unwillingness to pay overnight. The primary reason it was a problem is because they moulted in transit.

And yes, what happened to your mantises while you were on vacation is much your fault because you failed to make proper provisions for their care. It was your responsibility to identify who could and couldn't care for them. Your caretaker didn't make a minor error. They didn't fail to mist them or something. According to your report they gave them soda. To think that after leaving your pets with someone capable of such monumentally stupid behavior you are completely free of blame is a serious error in logic. To have left your mantises with such a foolish person was a foolish act in itself.

Understand this clearly if you are capable of doing so: It is not that I think the failure of the nymphs I sent you to arrive safely is some terrible dark secret that I wished to remain hidden. I WOULD have discussed it on this forum ruefully as a "mistake I learned from". You say "this should have been a PM" but you both PM'd me about it and posted the tale as my feedback. I was trying to be charitable. What were you trying to accomplish?

You have no class.

They were not shipped loose. The container was divided into three compartments
how do pieces ofnewspaper or whatever help secure them during transit?

The primary reason it was a problem is because they moulted in transit.
which they could have survived if packaged properly! do you not understand that it was indeed your fault that the one died and the others arent 100% healthy? IF THEY WERE PACKAGED CORRECTLY THEY WOULD BE FINE.

And yes, what happened to your mantises while you were on vacation is much your fault because you failed to make proper provisions for their care. It was your responsibility to identify who could and couldn't care for them. Your caretaker didn't make a minor error. They didn't fail to mist them or something. According to your report they gave them soda. To think that after leaving your pets with someone capable of such monumentally stupid behavior you are completely free of blame is a serious error in logic. To have left your mantises with such a foolish person was a foolish act in itself. [understand this clearly if you are capable of doing so: It is not that I think the failure of the nymphs I sent you to arrive safely is some terrible dark secret that I wished to remain hidden. I WOULD have discussed it on this forum ruefully as a "mistake I learned from". You say "this should have been a PM" but you both PM'd me about it and posted the tale as my feedback. I was trying to be charitable. What were you trying to accomplish?You have no class./quote]

Realize what this topic is about. You and your mantids. Trying oh-so-despretly to insult and smear me is only making you look worse. The fact remains you messed up. And saying such things is not only offensive to me but detremental to you. All you are doing is making yourself look like more of an as*, which is quite a challenge, and bringing me down to your level.

What am i trying to accomplish you ask? a small thing you lack: accountability. charitability is one thing, backing it up is another. you've not done that.

I no class? Check my breeder feedback sheet.