Mis-molt back legs

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JennMantis

Reaction score
I have a mantis that has molted about 4 times. He did not get his back legs fully out yesterday. By the time I saw him, he had already dried out and still had his legs in his molt. I tried to cut away what I could and his legs are deformed, so he cannot hang on them. Is it possible that he will survive the next molt? Doesn't he need his back legs to hang...? Thanks.

Jenn

The back legs are important for hanging and molting. You can just wait it out and see. He might be able to molt and grow some of them back. If he can molt and has enough molts left they may regrow completely though it is common for them to be a bit smaller.

One of my mantis got sticked in a piece of diurex, head back legs and clwas :S it was terrible, he(she was an L2, I tried separating him and the next day he molted, his back legs are upside down and he only got one claw... BUT he is an L4 now, back legs are still upside down, and he aparently adapted to the new body he have... he even catch the crickets first with his mouth and then with his left claw...

This is the first time i have mantis but I hope that helps :)

Latest posts