Mismolted Sphodromantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Falconerguy

Reaction score
My male sphodromantis viridis molted to L5 last night, but his back legs got caught in the skin, and are practically useless and mangled. His front legs got a bit bent struggling to get his back legs out of the shed. So, he has misshapen front legs, and destroyed back legs.

His raptorials are totally fine, and he is acting normal, but I was wondering if it would be better to remove the detrimental portions of the back legs. He can still stand upright and hang, but I don't know if he will make it to next molt. Any advice?

He will live my rhombodera valida ap lost two of his legs on the left side and is still fine. He eats like a beast

My Mediterrain mantis molted to L7 last night and she hung to dry only by her back legs. the weight of her body made her back legs straight and useless. I do not know how to help her with another molt. She is still hanging with her back legs straight. I hope you can figure it out too!

Latest posts