misting

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nebrakacinese

Reaction score
hi just had another newbie question.My two female chinese mantis have seemed to developed a liking to be misted while their in myn hand.What i was wondering if this is bad for them as their container ,must have humiditity also.It's amazing how close one can get close to these creatures.

Well, consider yourself lucky. Herbert (my female carolina) absolutely loathes when I mist her tank. She runs for an overhangs, and I'm a bit worried she isn't getting enough water...

I echo hibiscusmile! Chinese love water! My Rhombodera sp. and female orchid are the only others I have that drink like a Chinese, and it's so cute to watch them drink!!! :wub:

My male Religiosas love it when I put them on the plants in the morning and mist them. They hold out their front legs to collect it the mist, preen themselves, then drink droplets off the leaves. My females...meh, they put up with it, then preen themselves. They females only drink the droplets after laying an Ooth.

I was down to 3 males last week, released one on his last legs a couple of days ago, sent a new guy off to Seattle79, and only have the Green Goblin left to mate with my recently molted new female.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mist all my Mantis by spraying into the air and letting it fall like natural raindrops

they dont seem to mind at all :)

I mist about 50 different arthropod tanks. They all get it hard, fast, and heavy and are expected to like it.

Though the millipedes get it extra because they sure were not ready to live in CO.

Edit;

Only the communal species (roaches, millipedes, etc) actually get sprayed directly.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mist about 50 different arthropod tanks. They all get it hard, fast, and heavy and are expected to like it.

Though the millipedes get it extra because they sure were not ready to live in CO.

Edit;

Only the communal species (roaches, millipedes, etc) actually get sprayed directly.
+1 Novaz

That's hella funny Peter J F, "They all get it hard, fast, and heavy and are expected to like it." Damn Straight!