Most Aggressive

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drolkp84

Reaction score
Is there a species that is more aggressive than others or does it just depend on the mantis?

Some species are more aggressive than others but nobody could really tell what species is the most aggressive.We are only talking about the species we breed(10 % of all known mantis).Flower mantids are not the most agressive for sure.Check out Eremiaphila if you want something really agressive.

Orchids dont move much but are very aggressive to flying food. Flower mantids and most of the large species are pretty aggressive. Ive seen a creobroter nymph eat a fly as big as itself.

By Eremiaphila being ground type I would think they'd one of the most active species right?

budwing mantids hands down are the most aggresive species ive kept.
Never had one. Don't know why but I'm intrigued by the most abstract species!!! I guess they represent everything I haven't done or places I haven't been. Orchids are sooo beautiful with a hint of grace...I can watch them all day!!!!! The viciousness is an added bonus. Same goes for interest in scorpions & tarantulas. Crazy how one thing can have such an impact on ur life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some species are more aggressive than others but nobody could really tell what species is the most aggressive.We are only talking about the species we breed(10 % of all known mantis).Flower mantids are not the most agressive for sure.Check out Eremiaphila if you want something really agressive.
But eremiaphila are not as easily found as say a hierodula or creo

The Budwing females get my vote, they would attack and kill most mantis twice their size(don't try it though :lol: ), they lean back and then strike like a cat or a loaded gun cocked and ready, they can make a 32oz deli move from the strike and be heard from the other room!

I have never been drawn to budwings because of their look but I'm a fan of active mantis so I might have to give a shot.

Again out of my experience. Having kept budwings hierodula creos and many others as nymphs it would seem rhombodera really chases prey the same size and tackles but overall blue flash is the most aggressive.. very tempermental mantis and definitely the aggressor out of every species ive kept and its wierd since the viridis isn't as mean..