Music video featuring mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM

Reaction score
Hi all-

I have a specific mantis-related need. I'm about to direct a music video (for an artist called Wild Nothing) and am hoping to feature mantids.

The production will happen in the New York City area, and I'm wondering if anyone might have advice/suggestions about how to go about finding mantis actors.

Even better, if there is anyone in the area who would be interested in having their mantids featured in the video, please let me know.

Would like to showcase a variety of breeds. We will be working with a floral designer to build custom terrariums to compliment the colors and features of each mantis.

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a NEAT idea! I would go with some plain species (Tenodera sinensis) and some more interesting ones (I am NOT saying that T. Sinensis aren't interesting!) such as ghosts. Have you had experience with mantis keeping before? Here is a list of some neat species that you would want to showcase:

Orchid mantis (Hymenopus coranautus) 

Ghost mantis (Phyllocrania paradoxa)

Spiny flower (Pseudocreobotra wahlbergii)

Chinese (Tenodera sinensis)

European (Mantis religiosa)

Carolina (Stagmomantis carolina)

And I know there are many more....

I have some ghosts, but I don't want to put the stress of shipping on them, so I don't think that will work. You should post something in the Mantids For Sale/Wanted category. ;)

Good luck with the video!

- MantisGirl13 

Latest posts