my african mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, Mantidian, are african mantids fun to keep? I'm thinking of getting one myself. How much did you pay for yours or did you find it? How big does it grow?

Are they easy to keep? Are they aggressive?

Sphodromantis lineola is very fun to keep :D

Probably my favorite.

They are easy to keep, can grow up to 8cm, and all of mine have they're moments where they are very agressive, very shy or very friendly. Depends on they're mood! :lol:

6.jpg

i like the way their eyes change at night, some times when i check on my mantis late at night, she looks at me with her red sleepy eyes as if i just rudely woke her up!

its all perfectly normall :) look:

2678659502_83fa8268df_b.jpg

the yes are hading when its night. especialy with spieces like hierodula and sphodromantis :)

Lol his leg looks like a kickstand for a bike.

cool eyes thought, I really like african mantids.

I might be getting african mantids soon. What about Giant Asian mantids. Are they like african mantids but just bigger?. Are they aggressive too

Hey, Mantidian, are african mantids fun to keep? I'm thinking of getting one myself. How much did you pay for yours or did you find it? How big does it grow?Are they easy to keep? Are they aggressive?
hi i like mantis

yes they are fun to keep and i caught itmine is alittle too large at 11 cm

i think that over at my friend's garden(whose rich and father is a director of a phone line company) there are lots of these but i've only seen 3 so far in my life

trying to get a male from his garden to fertilise the eggs

cheers, mantidian

hi i like mantisyes they are fun to keep and i caught itmine is alittle too large at 11 cm

i think that over at my friend's garden(whose rich and father is a director of a phone line company) there are lots of these but i've only seen 3 so far in my life

trying to get a male from his garden to fertilise the eggs

cheers, mantidian
Where does your friend live? How come he has african mantids in his garden? Did he put them there?

Collin

Of course. What he found is some Hierodula species. Such things happen if you use common names.

African mantids live in Asia?Dont they ccome from Arfica??
uhh yes.. that,s why they call it an AFRICAN mantis, that people on retile shows that they mistake sphodromantis for hierodula is normal and when a beginner understandable. but in nature it should be abvious that hierodula,s are form asia. so when you find a mantis like that in asia IT IS a hierodua. or in common names asian mantis, giant asian etc

whatever you found its not sphodromantis.

uhh yes.. that,s why they call it an AFRICAN mantis, that people on retile shows that they mistake sphodromantis for hierodula is normal and when a beginner understandable. but in nature it should be abvious that hierodula,s are form asia. so when you find a mantis like that in asia IT IS a hierodua. or in common names asian mantis, giant asian etcwhatever you found its not sphodromantis.
i'm not sure...

can anyone teach me how to place pics here???

Latest posts