My baby is still alive and kicking!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Campfire Girl

Reaction score
My baby is still alive!! I am so happy. My daughter had a caccoon hatch in her christmas tree. I was able to get her to save me a couple. One died but the other was quite fiesty! I have been feeding him squashed crickets and ground pork. I have just ordered fruit flies but they havent come in yet. (I hope I didnt order them from some bogus place that will just take my money and not send them. Anyway, today I went and bought some mealworms. I squashed one and put its guts on a string and I was so happy to see my baby eating it! Everything I have available to me is too big to throw in there alive. I am hoping these fruit flies come. I have named him "Little Thing" LOL.

I remember your story. I'm so happy that the little one is still alive and well. congrats on working so hard on keeping it happy.

Harry

I remember your story. I'm so happy that the little one is still alive and well. congrats on working so hard on keeping it happy.

Harry
Thank you , Harry, I appreciate that. It really is an interesting little creature. He's in there right now munching on half a meal worm. I cant wait till he getts bigger so I can stop using a magnifying glass to watch him eat.

Let me know if you dont get any, I will send u some.
Thank you sooooo much!! That is really nice of you. Im hoping they dont stiff me for my flies. The name of the place is Flygrowers supply Co. Have you ever heard of them? I found them on line so I dont know if they are a good company or not.

Well I cked out the site, can't say nothing about it as I dont know who owns it. I think I have seen it before. Maybe someone on here knows something about it.

Can't imagine a company wouldngo through the effort to rip you off for FFs... But next time you may want to check the classifieds, a lot of forum members sell them on here.

I got my fruit flies yesterday. I put a few in the Mantis' jar and within 30 seconds, he had one in his grasp. He's all fat and happy now. I went and got him a better place to live, a little critter tank. He's a happy little guy, (or gal).

Latest posts