My cat loves playing with crickets as much as my mantids enjoy eating them!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malakyoma

Reaction score
My cat Lucky was in my room while I was checking the beetle drawers this morning. She saw the little guys kicking around and started flicking her tail. She was in chase mode. So I got out a medium cricket and let her play around with it a little, while I made sure the cricket didn't escape and snapped a few shots. I stopped her when she was about to eat it, and fed the pre-tenderized cricket to Jade instead. I hope she doesn't complain about cat hair in her cricket! :p

I can't keep crickets on account of my cat. <_<

He will break into the containers and eat them all, or he will knock over containers that he can't get into, beating the containers all up and making a mess of things.

If he hears them, he goes nuts. It is something about the sounds and the jumping that makes them irresistable to him.

I can't keep crickets on account of my cat. <_<

He will break into the containers and eat them all, or he will knock over containers that he can't get into, beating the containers all up and making a mess of things.

If he hears them, he goes nuts. It is something about the sounds and the jumping that makes them irresistable to him.
My cat goes nuts when she sees them too as you can see lol. I keep my crix in a 15 gallon glass terrarium I had around and up on a shelf. She has a hard time getting at them.