my first molt, how long before feeding

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dougmichel

Reaction score
I see that you generally want to remove feeder bugs right before a molt, well I got caught off guard by this and my small green mantis (california or chineese, not sure) is now about twice the size he was just the other day, and his old skin is laying at the bottom of the enclosure. My question is how long should I wait to add new food and prevent small hands from moving the cage? There is still one small grasshopper in the cage with it, but this grasshopper has an injured back leg so he cannot even easily climb to the top without falling back down. it does appear the mantis moved to another area along the top of the cage so maybe he is aready for full action again? Next time i will watch for the signs of impending molt.

Also does anyone know a way to get the mantis to use my nice collection of sticks and leaves instead of always hanging at the top of the cage? It is not as easy to watch :(

Latest posts