My mantids

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stuart89

Reaction score
Hey, well Im still playing around with my camera so the pics are quite spot on yet. Found an external flash and started using that for this shoot, I think there was just a bit too much :lol: . At least I know for next time ;) . ISO was set at 160.

Ghosts were taken free-hand until I found the tripod which I used for the Africans and Pnigomantis. Im also very happy because Ive discovered I have ghost pairs! (If you can see Ive miss-sexed them please correct me!)

Ghosts: 1 female, 2 males

Africans: 1 female, 1 male

Pnigo: 1 male I believe, he is L3 afaik so pretty hard to tell

Any comments welcome.

Ghosts

Males

Ghost2-4.jpg

Ghost2-2.jpg

Ghost2-1.jpg

Ghost1-3.jpg

Ghost1-1.jpg

Female

Ghost3-17.jpg

Ghost3-13.jpg

Ghost3-12.jpg

Ghost3-15.jpg

Africans

Im loving this species more and more every moult, one of them has taken a "camouflage" pattern and is just so stunning. I took more pics than posted, but some were just badly blurred etc, only these were save-worthy. The green one has only moulted a day before the pic was taken if anyone is wondering why hes a bit thin, he will be eating today ;)

African2-2.jpg

African2-1.jpg

African1-3.jpg

African1-2.jpg

African1-1.jpg

African1-4.jpg

Pnigomantis

Well rob, after speaking with you and taking him off the heat mat this guy is doing brilliant, so far there hasnt been a single problem. He has never refused a meal and has moulted since arriving! Hopefully this will continue, I think we sourced the problem ;) . Just a note to anyone with this species, keep them at room temperature!

Pnigo1-5.jpg

Pnigo1-4.jpg

Pnigo1-3.jpg

Pnigo1-2.jpg

Pnigo1-1.jpg

One species I have which I havent posted is the Marble Mantids, will have to wait for them they are just sooo active! :lol:

Cheers, Stuart!

Latest posts