My mantis Eugine (S. carolina)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teaspoons

Reaction score
This is my mantis Eugine, I'm fairly sure, and have been told, he is Stagmomantis Carolina-

but if I'm wrong I'd be happy to be corrected. Anyway just some random pics hope

you guys don't mind. :D

Mr_Clean_by_Companda.jpg

Yummy_foot_by_Companda.jpg

Hmmmm_by_Companda.jpg

I haven't been able to get him to do a threat display, so to get pics of his wings I had to get him

to fly up to my hands. Any advice on how to get a mantis to do a threat display lol?

Wings_away_by_Companda.jpg

and here is two pics edited together of him leaping

Double_Jump_by_Companda.jpg

and here is him doing some mantis kung fu on my hand lol

Kung_fu_mantis_by_Companda.jpg

Love the double pic leap thingy, very sick. Easy way to get a mantid to do a threat display, for me anyway, simply grab the thorax a bit, they git pretty mad. Then annoy it a bit :p my males seem to get more annoyed then my females.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice pics. Yes it does appear to be a s. carolina. It is a male too in case you weren't sure.

Awsome pics love the last one with the wings all spread looks very cool..!!!

Very lovely male s. carolina! It looks like you already got him to do a defense pose.

I really like the edited leaping picture...nice!

My favorite picture, though, is the third one. He just looks so snooty, like he's all that and a bag of crickets.

Rebecca

Impressive pictures ;) . Really loved the edited picture. The last pic is the threat display.

To make them go in Threat mode, touch the head or the thorax, the will be annoyed by moving away. If you annoy it enough, it will attach your hands :p

Latest posts