My Mantis

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amaybe

Reaction score
This is a photo of one of my alien friends. He is on my pillow next to my head board that has a decal of a mantis I put on there a while ago. I thought it was a cool photo. He seemed interested with it. Anyway, I was posting this as hope that maybe someone could help me identify him as what type he is. A friend of mine found him outside in Maryland and gave him to me. This is how I got started taking care of them. Since then he found me another one, which I believe is a female Carolina mantis (I tried identifying it using google so I could be wrong). She is brown with camouflage type patterning and shorter wings than the length of her diamond shaped abdomen. I could post a photo of her but she is not as docile as this green one and she is already an adult, which he is not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Amy

praying mantis god.jpg

Could you post a picture of the girl unknown species? I could be of some assistance and could you take a closer picture of the male please?

The mantis in your pic is a Tenodera sinensis. The other you described does sound like Stagmomantis carolina. Both species can be found in Maryland. :)

/\/\ what he said...and that painting looks like your mantis is projecting a mental image as a machoman of himself :lol: