my new pet bird: Cochise

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mantis Lady

Reaction score
Since a few weeks I have a new pet. It is a budgie. I don't know yet if he is female or male. He talks a lot. it sounds funny. I hope i can tame him so he can out of his cage too.

cochise.jpg

Awesome! I wish I could have one, but my dad's allergic. 

- MantisGirl13

Nice, what do they eat? insects?
Seeds and fruit. Cochise is doing fine. He eats well and talks a lot. He is a very active little bird. I think he is a male because his nose part has a blueish glow now.

Awesome! I wish I could have one, but my dad's allergic. 

- MantisGirl13
Too bad. Birds are messy. Hubby likes my bird. He even talks to him. Too bad i cant get him to see mantids as beautiful insects.

@hibiscusmileMaybe there are birds who eats insects, but not budgies. they eat only seeds, fruit some minerals. I watched vids about what they eat (want to know what to give him or not, like chocolate and advacado.

Here a vid what budgies can eat:  food for budgies

I will try to give Cochise a piece of strawberry tomorrow.

Cochise escaped today because I left the cage open. I could put him back gently because his wings are clipped. before I did that I had to put my dog outside of the room. My bird is not a toy.

Cochise-out-of-Cage.jpg

Instead of going in his cage he climbed on his cage. I think he is a male because his nose is has a blueish glow on it now

Cochise didn't pay attenion to strawberry or banana, but he loves salad leaves. Hope I can teach him later that fruit is eatable too. He is eating seeds out of my hand now with 2 legs on my hand. Sadly enough i can't take a pic of it. I should ask hubby to do it.

This week really sucks. Cochise just died. a few hours ago he was eating out of my hand and 2 hours later he became weaker and weaker till life was gone.. I could do nothing for my bird. he faded away wile i was holding him in my hand.

It is now in de middle of the night so  i wait till tomorrow morning and then bury him beside Liyana.

*sighs* 😭😭😭

Latest posts