my nymphs are growing

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sevenoaks

Reaction score
ok, thanks to you all, my nymphs are about an inch long. i think they molted about 3-4 times already. (not sure)i havent seen them molt in a while now. i just bought them pin head crickets. one jumped on them, the other two seem to be hiding out from them. and i see one looks like it is wanting out of its cage. how do i know if they are getting ready to molt and i should take the crickets out so there is no harm done to my nymph? the crickets(2) have been in the cage untouched for 1/2 the day. should i take them out? i dont want the crickets to eat my nymph. the nymphs are about 1 inch long and the crickets about 1/2 inch. is this ok?

At that size I suggest feeding houseflies and then moving up to bluebottles. Once they outgrow those you can move up to crickets, roaches, etc.

ok. i took the uneatten crickets out. i will stick with ff's a bit longer cause i dont know if my pet store can order house flys. i think the one mantis enjoyed the crickets tho!

is it weird that one seems like it wants OUT of its enclosure? it was the last one hatched and a bit smaller than the others which seem happy.

Most pet stores will not sell houseflies and if they do, you will have to wait for a while for the order to go through. To obtain housefly pupae in a few days, try a dealer like SpiderPharm or Mantisplace and choose the one closest to you.

Most nymphs are active and move around a lot; don't worry bout the little one there's nothing wrong with it.