my tarantulas :)

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myles

Reaction score
ive 4 tarantulas so her is plenty of photos , i keep mexican red knee (brachypelma smithi) a mexican flame knee (brachypelma auratum) a Yucatan rustrump tarantula (brachypelma epicureanum) and an orange babboon tarantua (Pterinochilus murinus)

orange baboon :

030-4.jpg

032-3.jpg

033-3.jpg

035-2.jpg

037-3.jpg

039-3.jpg

042-2.jpg

045-4.jpg

046-2.jpg

I'm trying so hard to "find the love". They're beautiful, but I still cringe. I need to go on Fear Factor or something and get over it!

Beautiful creatures, though - especial the flame knee. (Man they have some silly names).

flame knees in my opinion are the most pleasing to the eye of all the tarantulas and they are extremely docile , a beatuiful tarantula all round

Nice collection! :) I once had a male starburst. He was the nastiest tarantula i had ever owned. If i even looked at him the wrong way he would rear up! :lol:

yeah that baboon is a nut job it will rear up with little or no provocation but a beautiful T to look at

Lovely collection. I miss my orange monster...what an aggro little (sorry, somewhat big) guy! I never failed to jump out of my skin when I'd stick the tongs in the tank and that guy would hit them.

Wyethia

hi bling , maybe in the future but i cant find a female rust rump so hes kinda going to waste the rest are to young to breed (except the adult female red phase chilian rose which ive since gotten) ive also gotten a green bottle blue sling and a costa rican curly hair sling ,

the flame knee (brachypelma auratum) which i bought as female is in fact a male grrrrr

heres some new pics

green bottle blue

010-6.jpg

red phase chilie rose

318-2.jpg

323.jpg

red knee molt

251-1.jpg

269.jpg

I've got a female flame knee and a B. emilia/Mexican beauty female. I gave/loaned my B. albiceps out to a friend this weekend that has had some breeding success with Ts lately. Might be a year or two or three before he finds a male, but she's in good hands.

Enjoyed your photos, especially of Brachypelma epicureanum!

Peter the Brachypelma epicureanum is going to waste here so if you or anyone here hows of someone with a female looking for a mature male give me a shout and you can have him no one in ireland/uk seems to have a female

Unfortunately, I don't know of anybody who has even a female of that species. Nice thing about Brachys is that you shoudld have another ~20 years to find her a male! (I like your signature-line graphic.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice T's mylo.

I've been contemplating possibly getting a tarantula, mostly because I'm in love with arachnids. But I always seem to talk myself out of it hehe. I've personally never held one, and I'm unsure about how their urtricating hairs would affect me.

Oh well, maybe one day I'll man up ;)

is the Brachypelma epicureanum still available? I might know someone...

just got a Curly sling today, luving the little fellow

Nice tarantulas! There's some really pretty cobalt blues at the zoo here in Omaha, but they're AGGRESSIVE AS HECK. I was helping clean out their cages once, and as soon as they see you they rear up and show their fangs. One of them tried to jump on me too. :blink: That green bottle blue is preeeeeeeetty! :tt1:

Last edited by a moderator: