New from Los Angeles

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hezekiah

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Hezekiah, a paleontologist from southern California :) We found a mantis in our trash bin in early December, and kind of adopted it and made it the office mascot. Unfortunately, I think it (she?) was at the end of her life cycle, because she expired on Friday. So, in looking around and thinking that mantids are actually pretty cool, I landed here.

Really, I just like looking at pictures (and taking them sometimes), and am hoping to find a reputable person to get some of the same mantid species (californicus,by looking at pics), and maybe have a little office mascot again, that I can set loose in my garden in the spring and will help me with all my darn bugs on my tomatoes!

At home, I breed and raise leopard geckos and killifish, have three cats and one husband :)

Hello all!

Hi! I bet trams am would be your best bet for a local with a local species. Otherwise you'll have to wait till spring and catch one, or find an ootheca outside and hatch it. You could also buy a Chinese ooth and hatch it, as those are legal to release outside

Welcome to the forum. I have been looking for killifish for a long time. Very cool fish.

th_Welcome.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, everyone! I'll look up some of the suggestions.. don't want to start right off with an ootheca, I'm not prepared for hundreds of cute babies :)

I work for a company that specializes in paleontologic remediation and construction consultation; California has the strictest laws on cultural resources (archaeology and paleontology) in the whole nation, so my company monitors construction and rescues fossils from destruction when necessary :)

Latest posts