New Mantid Owner Here!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TLR24

Reaction score
Hi All! Our family just got 2 Double Shield Mantids, our first ones, about a week ago. One is a male, very calm and docile. The other a female who’s a bit on the skittish crazy side! We’ve been feeding meal worms for now, though I’m curious if when it gets warmer if we can just catch crickets and other insects outdoors to feed them as a treat? 

Looking forward to learning more about these amazing creatures through the forums! 

Hi again!

Once it gets warmer, you can definitely feed wild insects, although you should make sure you don't use chemicals such as pesticides and herbicides in the place where the insects are caught. 

- MantisGirl13 

Hi again!

Once it gets warmer, you can definitely feed wild insects, although you should make sure you don't use chemicals such as pesticides and herbicides in the place where the insects are caught. 

- MantisGirl13 
Oh this is good to know! We don’t tend to use harmful chemicals in our yard, but I do use natural things to deal with pests and things in my garden. I’ll keep that in mind! 

Latest posts