New member here.

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob65

Reaction score
Hi there!

My name is Rob and I am a new member here.

I have been thinking about getting into praying mantis for a few years now. I currently have tree frogs,poison dart frogs,chameleons,geckos,Halloween crabs,turtles,snakes,and some fish. So know I think I need a mantis or two! LOL! I have always found them fascinating since I was a kid. I can remember having them in our yards as I was growing up and used to think they are so cool. I found this forum and thought I would join and gather as much info as I could before owning some. A pet store I live 3 hours from here in Michigan carries different kind on occasion for purchase. I have talked to them before about the mantis but now that I am interested in purchasing one they do not have any and have no plans on getting any soon. Glad to be a member here with you all!

Hello and welcome. :) I would recommend large species like hierodula and rhombodera (if you want an opinion for a beginner mantis) as they will eat just about anything you put in there container and they have just an awesome personality!!

Welcome!

Check the classified here for deals. Or pick up an ooth (egg sack) of Chinese or European (which you have there locally) and watch the whole process from day one. Plus, you can realease these two species whenever you like!

Well thank you both for the information!!!

When I was a kid one of the mantis I seen in a bush in my yard was an albino form. Only reason I can remember this is because I asked my mom who is into all critters why it was white and had real red eyes not like the other green ones who were also in the bushes. She told me it was an albino. Has this ever been known of before? An albino form of mantis's?

Latest posts