Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerryquis

Reaction score
Hello,

My name is Jerry and I live in Maryland. Just joined the forum today. Family guy, wife and 3 daughters. Love mantids and new to the hobby. So far I raised a wild mantis which I believe is the Chinese Mantid. Had her for 6 months and she laid two ooth cases which turned out to be fertile. They hatched about 3 weeks ago. There eating wingless fruit flies an doing well.

I'm really interested in starting a collection. I will be building custom cages soon and looking for breeders. If you know of and places you would recommend I buy from, please let me know.

I have a lot to learn.

Thanks

Jerry

welcome! buy from the classifieds section on this forum!

Thanks - Just looked at some pics (very cool). Thanks for helping add my first species ( creobroter gemmatus) to my list,

You can buy from mantisplace.com (advertisement above). They have the largest selection of mantises, as well as a recommendation whether for a beginner or an expert.

Welcome from Seattle, Jerry!

As others have noted, the classifieds section here on the forums is a great way to find outstanding prices on a wide variety of mantids. But be sure to read feedback on the seller before sending a stranger your money. Most people around here are very honorable but reviewing feedback is a good habit and should allow you to buy with confidence. :)

Latest posts