new/old user

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blueberry

Reaction score
Hi, everyone! I had an account as Summer Blossom but for some reason the site wouldn't let me access it so I made a new one. I don't have any mantids right now, but I've kept quite a few in the past (although I've never raised any oothecas). If you're curious you can do a search for summer blossom for my old introductory post that was all about my mantids, but I don't really feel like writing another long introductory post. My favorite species that I've kept so far is the Euchomenella macrops and I'm really hoping to find another one from someone on here sometime. In general, I'm a Biology student at a university in Florida and I'm about to graduate. I'm working in a lab studying ants right now (specifically, Pogonomyrmex badius). I'm hoping to eventually go to graduate school for conservation biology, but I'm thinking of taking some time off and working for the next couple of years before I take the plunge... hopefully in a national/state park of some kind. I love insects of all kinds, but praying mantids are above and beyond my favorite. They are so charming that it's hard not to attribute personalities to them. I feel like if more people had experience interacting with praying mantids there would be an increase in respect for insects in general (even ones without raptorial arms and heads that turn and look at you).

Welcome. I suggest PM'ing Peter to see if he can get you back into your old account. Generally preferred.

Latest posts