New Roaches from Spencer!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BringontheBugs

Reaction score
Hello!

I published my newest blog post on some awesome and rare new roaches that I received from Spencer Thornton(he's not on this forum but he's known as Sleepy Lemur on the roach forum)!

Here ya go: http://allaboutarthropods.blogspot.com/2016/11/new-roaches-from-spencer.html

Hope you guys don't mind all the pics, I know I'm finished with my photo series, but sometimes I just can't help myself! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Hope you guys don't mind all the pics, I know I'm finished with my photo series, but sometimes I just can't help myself! :D
I love photos but don't see any in your forum post... ;)

Those B. craniifer "Orin McMonigle" nymphs though look amazing! The photos of them on the substrate makes them appear to be baby Eastern box turtles (Terrapene carolina carolina) I find around here. :D Best of luck, and indeed I hope you do not develop a allergic reaction to your roaches either.

I love photos but don't see any in your forum post... ;)

Those B. craniifer "Orin McMonigle" nymphs though look amazing! The photos of them on the substrate makes them appear to be baby Eastern box turtles (Terrapene Carolina carolina) I find around here. :D Best of luck, and indeed I hope you do not develop a allergic reaction to your roaches either.
That's actually one of the main reasons I decided to start a blog. Instead of going through the trouble of adjusting the size of pics and uploading them to drop boxes and such, I could simply make up nice organized posts and share as many pics as I want without any of the hassle.

Thanks! I certainly see the resemblance! LOL  Thanks again! Unfortunately it's a bit too late having to do with allergic reactions as I already have developed a reaction. When some of my larger roaches run on the backs of my hands or arms and prick my skin with the spikes on their legs, I get very itchy and get sort of a red mosquito bite-looking mark. But on the good side, that allergic reaction is very avoidable by not handling the roaches as much or simply wearing a long sleeved shirt and keeping them off the backs of my hands when handling. Fortunately, I haven't developed the(IMO) much worse reaction(irritation to the nose and throat/sometimes eyes when roach enclosure is open) that some keepers have stopped keeping certain roach species(almost always feeders or hissers) and sometimes even end up leaving the hobby over.

That's actually one of the main reasons I decided to start a blog. Instead of going through the trouble of adjusting the size of pics and uploading them to drop boxes and such, I could simply make up nice organized posts and share as many pics as I want without any of the hassle.

Thanks! I certainly see the resemblance! LOL  Thanks again! Unfortunately it's a bit too late having to do with allergic reactions as I already have developed a reaction. When some of my larger roaches run on the backs of my hands or arms and prick my skin with the spikes on their legs, I get very itchy and get sort of a red mosquito bite-looking mark. But on the good side, that allergic reaction is very avoidable by not handling the roaches as much or simply wearing a long sleeved shirt and keeping them off the backs of my hands when handling. Fortunately, I haven't developed the(IMO) much worse reaction(irritation to the nose and throat/sometimes eyes when roach enclosure is open) that some keepers have stopped keeping certain roach species(almost always feeders or hissers) and sometimes even end up leaving the hobby over.
No problem, I can understand the time required and part of the reason I don't do more articles or posts myself (especially with my job and projects). ;)

Ah hives already, that is a bad sign. Hopefully it doesn't progress any worse for you, as you really seem to enjoy them. :)

Latest posts