New to keeping Mantids!!

Mantidforum

Help Support Mantidforum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babygyal_sw2

Reaction score
Hi everyone!!

I'm completely new to keeping Mantids...not yet got one as I want to know which one would suit me!! I was directed over here from SiUK off reptileforumsuk....he uses this forum no doubt!! He said I'd be best to ask questions here!

Can anyone recommend any sites or books that I can get started on reading? Plus, what do you all think are good starter mantids?

Thanx in adv!! :D

Welcome. Well you're already at the best website to read for anything mantid related. I recommend any of the Sphodromantis (african mantids) or Hierodula (giant asian) mantids as good starter mantids. Egyptian mantis (Miomantis Paykullii ) are small but are easy to keep as well.

Hey, and welcome to the forum.

If you are looking for a basic, plain mantis, then the Sphodromantis (African species) or Hierodula (Asian species) will be a good one. For a nicer looking species, you may want to go for something like a Pseudocreobotra (Spiny flower mantis), or a Creobroter (Indian flower mantis), which are both very easy to keep.

Hope this helps!

Hiya, ive been here for about a week, and learnt loads! Regarding books, well check www.insectstore.com for some good publications..!

Have you any mantids at the moment?

Latest posts